60 secs Minimum - 8 mins Maximum Read
opposition party People Democratic Party (PDP) has issued a stetement
reacting to report by the informationmation minister thats suggests
they may be sponsoring IPOB activities.
Read the statement below...
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is constrained once again to
respond to the tirade by the Minister of Information and Culture,
Alhaji Lai Mohammed who as usual, made an attempt at blaming a
superficial opposition for the continuous gaffe of the Federal
Government under the leadership of his Party, the All Progressives
2. We had advised not a few times, that the APC should look inward and
seek solutions to its self-induced challenges in government caused by
its unpreparedness for governance; but since the Party seem set for
self destruction, we shall not relent in helping to expose their
ineptitude to the Nigerian populace.
3. We noticed that the Minister who is much known for his unbridled
capacity for constant polarization of the polity rather than ardency
in the proper dissemination of government policies and information to
the populace, tried once again on Sunday, to shift blames of the poor
handling of the agitations of IPOB by the Current Government to an
opposition that exits only in his imagination.
4. It is disheartening that rather than accept blame for its
ineptitude, the APC Government has continued to blame "enemies" real
or imaginary for their woes.
5. How on earth will a serious minded government blame opposition
parties which they have conveniently labelled "looters" for the
activities of IPOB? But we take solace in the fact that the APC might
actually know the looters, as the Party has clearly demonstrated it's
penchant for giving covers to people considered as corrupt.
6. The recent release of 48 Houses confiscated as proceed of crime
back to a member of the APC who was standing trial for allegations of
corruption readily comes to mind.
7. Much as we will continue to harp on the one sided corruption fight
of this administration, we wish to urge the APC to look inwards in
locating the looters using their ill-gotten wealth to sponsor
separatist agitation against the Government of the Day.
8. It is instructive to note that we are aware of the internal crisis
rocking the amalgam of interests that formed the APC and the struggle
for power within the Government, as the noise of discontent keep
rising on a daily basis from the Party.
9. Based on the above, it is no news that APC has been a problem unto
itself which has affected the lives of the citizenry who daily gnash
their teeth in regret for voting the APC into power in 2015.
10. We wish to put on record that agitation for actualisation of the
State of Biafra was a total silent voice while the PDP was in power
because of the Government of inclusiveness we provided for Nigerians
who were made to experience what a genuine national government meant.
11. The APC should therefore, learn to mould itself into a real
National Party, provide good leadership for the people and let the
generality of Nigerians feel safe.
12. Finally as a Party, we had condemned and we are still condemning
separatist movements tailored towards balkanising the Nation. We
therefore make bold to further state, that the APC policies have been
the catalyst for IPOB problem, and as such, the Party should do soul
searching and correct the anomaly. No external enemy so to say, is
working against this government. The government is it's own worst
Long live the PDP! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!